Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 10th of March, 2007.

  • Subject: Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 10th of March, 2007.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:56:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 11 March 2007 21:23 \__

> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Culley <mrloy@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Mark contributed ideas for my cola stats script timmy. The problem
>>> with the thread you mention is that [H]omer didn't update the
>>> troll list.
>>>
>>> [H]omer just do this (if you want of course):
>>>
>>> echo "lintard:::lintard - WINTROLL" >> colastats.data
>>>

>> Of course, he should have done that, but I suspect this person will not
>> be back, at least, not for some time, anyway.  My action (whether you
>> agree or not) appeared to catalyse the aioe folk into removing cola
>> posting access.  Probably not permanently, but nevertheless, it was a
>> good move on their part.
>>

> Actually, I've recalled that Homer had taken a decision to exclude
> lintard from the stats altogether on the basis of attention seeking.
> There is precedent for this in any case, so I have no particular problem
> with that.  Perhaps the script needs some adjustment to take account of
> that, though, as I've no desire to take any credit for troll-feeding,
> either.

Flatfish seems to be back and he's crossposting to about 5 other groups to
find an audience. I replied by accident (misclassification), but it's now
being filtered.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
roy      pts/3                         Sun Mar 11 21:33   still logged in