[News] Volume Control in Linux Beat Vista to It

Pulseaudio - Individual volumes per application for Linux, too.

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier today a screenshot showing individual volumes per application
| in vista waf shown in the front page. Many comments indicate that not
| enough people know you can do this with other OSes, too! Meet
| Pulseaudio, an audio server that does the same thing, and much more!
`----

http://digg.com/software/Pulseaudio_Individual_volumes_per_application_for_Linux_too

Here's where Linux has the upper hand:

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=53228&file1=53228-1.png&file2=&file3=&name=Vista+Impossible
http://tinyurl.com/yp8ylw

Previously:

Photosynth for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the demonstration video of Photo Tourism which was later
| transformed into Microsoft Photosynth (Wikipedia). Now, you'll find
| it difficult to disagree with me when I say this is a great product.
| It just has that "cool factor".
|
| However, the Photosynth website says at the system requirements: Only
| Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista RC1 or later are supported at this
| time. However, the video I showed above clearly shows it running on
| Linux (take a look at the titlebar of the web browser or the "add
| annotation dialog"). This could mean two things:
|
|    1. Microsoft deliberately decided not to support Linux
|    2. Microsoft may still want to make this available for Linux
`----

http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2007/03/02/photosynth-for-linux/

Now Confirmed: Microsoft Makes Linux Application Windows-only!

Comment follows.

"Hi. I worked on this project. The University of Washington?s contribution to
the project (what you see at phototour.cs.washington.edu) was developed on
linux. The online demo app was programmed on windows and os x using Java."