Re: Rob Enderle and the five OSS dogmas ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 10 March 2007 16:35 \__

> Rob, if OSS was so defective, then why is someone expending considerable
> effort in trashing it in the Media.
>
> 'I started writing about Linux not because I thought it interesting,
> fascinating, or even because I liked to code (I don?t)'
>
> No, you started to write about Linux when someone started paying you large
> sums of mony to lie in print.
>
> 'I started writing about Linux because I was told I couldn?t and the more
> people told me I couldn?t, and particularly when they said ?or else,? the
> more the Linux dirty laundry became attractive to me'
>
> What people told you you couldn't write about Linux.
>
> 'One:  Is Linux a Myth?'
>
> 'Two:  Is Linux Secure?'
>
> 'Three:  Do Communes Work?'
>
> 'Four:  Is Linux Pro-Developer, or Pro-You?'
>
> 'Is Linux is ?Open??'
>
> 'How can anything be ?Open? if honest discussion isn?t allowed? '
>
> http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/rob/?p=9
>
> "I saw what appeared to be a word-for-word copy of about every third line
> of code in the central module of the Linux kernel", Rob Enderle
>
> http://res-ipsa.the-blinding-white-light.com/archives/2003/07/index.html
>
> 'many Linux supporters are a bunch of potty-mouthed malcontents.
> Enterprises are better off staying away from Linux and open source', Rob
> Enderle
>
> 'Linux is being widely used on the desktop in the third world, where
> applications are limited and labor is inexpensive ..' Rob Enderle
>
> But JS, says Linux admis is more expencive, which is it and how are
> saleries greater for a clerk typing on a Linux desktop.
>
> 'I have a hard time seeing the Zealots as any different from
> terrorist .. I strongly believe that if September 11 showed us anything, it
> was that zealots'
>
> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/31899.html

Only a few sites/networks still give this SCO/Microsoft shill a voice. You
ought to have seen all the comments in LinuxToday where _once again_ he got
cited. LinuxToday is, needless to say, the site whose founder asked everyone
to boycott after it got sold and sported the "Get the Facts" material.

Linux fails to defend itself against imaginary FUD problem

,----[ Quote ]
| I wouldn't normally respond to pleas for attention, but Rob Enderle's
| latest piece on Linux and FUD cannot escape comment.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/02/linux_fails_to.html

Microsoft Xbox to Join the Battle for Video Downloading

,----[ Quote ]
| Editors' Note: November 10, 2006, Friday An article in Business Day
| on Tuesday described a decision by Microsoft to offer movies and
| episodes of television shows for downloading through its Xbox Live
| online service in the United States.
|
| The article quoted Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle
| Group, discussing the features that set Xbox Live service apart
| and its position in the market.
|
| But the article did not note that Mr. Enderle had Microsoft as a client,
| a fact later pointed out by a reader. Mr. Enderle does consulting work
| for several of Microsoft's product groups, though not for the one
| developing the Xbox; still, had The Times known of Mr. Enderle's work
| for Microsoft, it would not have sought out his opinion on the product.
`----

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50713F83A5B0C748CDDA80994DE404482
http://tinyurl.com/y3avsv

NY Times bans Microsoft analysts from Microsoft stories

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/15/nytimes_ms_ban/

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
 12:07am  up 2 days  8:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00