Re: [News] Australian Government Nearing Disaster with Microsoft Exchange Servers

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 31 March 2007 11:07 \__

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/communications/soa/WA_infrastructure_dept_close_to_e_mail_disaster/0,130061791,339274592,00.htm
>> http://tinyurl.com/395b26
>
> Why would anyone even consider putting critical infrastructure on
> Microsoft?  We really should be looking for heads to roll in these
> situations;  it's one thing giving Windows to secretaries and junior
> managers to make a spreadsheet with a few pretty charts, but to even
> contemplate putting critical public data on such a system?  Quite
> ridiculous.

Remember your argument with Dabs? Well, have a look at then latest story,
wherein a hacker held a server/PC for over a year and stole credit card
details of over 40 million people. It's all over the news.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
 12:00pm  up 19 days 19:03,  6 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.74, 0.90