Re: [News] More 'Funny Business' at Dell

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Dell accounting probe finds possible 'misconduct'
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6171818.html
>>>
>>> Let's hope they don't spoil the reputation of GNU/Linux through
>>> association.
>>

>> This is all a nightmare indicating dell$ is losing money
>> head over tails and they are just sucking money out of
>> every customer and contract to keep itself afloat.

Oh good. A Roy Spamowitz and Mark Kent "intelligent debate". Always good
for a laugh.

> Interesting you mention this.  I was considering whether the recent
> moves by Dell to offer Linux machines might not be more of a sign of
> board in panic than a realistic strategy.  It takes time to a presence

A board in Panic????

> in a new market, and I do not know if Dell have enough.  Worse,
> initial

Have enough time? What *are* you talking about?

> forays into new markets are often not particularly successful, as there
> is so much new work to learn about, and so many new mistakes to make.

Not really, they're going to fob off the support to the user
community. That means you.

> Dell could argue that they've been offering linux in China for some
> time, and could perhaps learn from that, but internal corporate
> politics

"could perhaps"? No. I'm sure they would never think of utilising their
prior experience in these things. Just as well you are here to suggest
such a mind numbingly obvious strategy.

> usually prevents the best lessons from striking home.

"usually"? Really? Another generalisation?

> I'm in two minds as to whether Dell will be a huge linux retailer in
> about 5 years, or just a fading memory.

Well, you have certainly covered all your bases on this one. Your
crystal ball is staggeringly clever .......