Re: [News] Linux Tablet Users Get Free Wi-Fi

> Earthlink offers Free WiFi to N800 users...
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| My parting thought on this is that I'd really like to see Nokia do
>| more deals!!
> `----
>
> http://www.maemoapps.com/2007/03/29/earthlink-offers-free-wifi-to-n800-users/

I can see more and more movement in this kind of direction, with radio
access becoming increasingly the norm for most people, as they will be
carrying devices around with themselves.

A wider question to consider is how the devices can be networked into a
home environmnet, perhaps with console machines (PS3, Wii), other
portable devices such as phones, GP2X-like devices and so on, and also
into the new generation of intelligent consumer devices (DVRs, TVs and
so on).

It seems to me that the total flexibility of connectivity out there at
the moment is creating huge potential, but little sign of anyone finding
the best combination of devices - maybe there isn't one?