Re: [News] PCWorld Poll: 61% Have Vista Problems

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Friday 30 March 2007 00:17 \__

> [snips]
>
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:07:14 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> Wow, this really is some disaster, isn't it?  Sooner or later, the
>> quality of Linux's hardware support would reveal itself to the masses,
>
> Speaking of which...
>
> Just dropped a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500 into my box at home.  Boot up...
> hmm... detects it as two PVR 150 devices, which is about right - it's a
> dual-tuner, dual-compressor device, essentially two 150s on a single board.
>
> Box came with a driver CD for Windows.  Wonder why?  The Linux box didn't
> need it.

The same goes when it comes to printers and scanner, based on what I have
seen. Monitors, sound cards, et cetera... people still rely on the OEMs when
it comes to Windows... or some installation CD (which is likely to be
useless if you got suckered into paying for Windows Vista).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

This sedentary lifestyle on the Net leads to fatigue. And then you wake up.
  2:20am  up 18 days  9:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.59, 0.70