Re: Linux: "raw, me-too copying"

  • Subject: Re: Linux: "raw, me-too copying"
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:54:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> __/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 26 March 2007 02:38 \__
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_08.asp
>>     In conclusion, Windows Vista is both evolutionary and revolutionary,
>>     and I know it's great because every time I have to use Windows XP, I
>>     feel constrained and miss those Vista features I'm just now starting to
>>     take for granted. It's not perfect--what software is?--but it's a
>>     compelling and fascinating product that will delight you over time as
>>     you stumble onto new features. It's this "spontaneous smile" effect
>>     that I like so much about Windows Vista, and it stands in sharp
>>     contrast to the refined but stark and unfriendly world of Mac OS X and
>>     the raw, me-too copying of Linux. Windows Vista is a better operating
>>     system than the competition, for reasons that are both technical and
>>     practical. But for the hundreds of millions of people who will move to
>>     Vista in the coming years, all that will really matter is that it's a
>>     major improvement over Windows XP. And it most certainly is that as
>>     well.
>>
>>     Highly recommended.
>>
>>     --Paul Thurrott
>>     December 31, 2006
>>
>> This one is highly ironic.
>>
>> Surely the author is an idiot.
>
> s/idiot/paid/
>
> You don't curse the hand that feeds you.

Thurrott is high profile, so he's bound to have been on the MS "most
wanted" list.

Hey Sweaty B., make me an offer! Go on, you know you want to.

It'd be a truly joyful moment ... as I tell him to ram his dirty money
up his big fat sweaty .....

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2300.fc5
 06:48:56 up 6 days,  5:03,  3 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.45, 1.41