Re: Linux: "raw, me-too copying"

  • Subject: Re: Linux: "raw, me-too copying"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:22:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 26 March 2007 02:38 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_08.asp
>
>     In conclusion, Windows Vista is both evolutionary and revolutionary,
>     and I know it's great because every time I have to use Windows XP, I
>     feel constrained and miss those Vista features I'm just now starting to
>     take for granted. It's not perfect--what software is?--but it's a
>     compelling and fascinating product that will delight you over time as
>     you stumble onto new features. It's this "spontaneous smile" effect
>     that I like so much about Windows Vista, and it stands in sharp
>     contrast to the refined but stark and unfriendly world of Mac OS X and
>     the raw, me-too copying of Linux. Windows Vista is a better operating
>     system than the competition, for reasons that are both technical and
>     practical. But for the hundreds of millions of people who will move to
>     Vista in the coming years, all that will really matter is that it's a
>     major improvement over Windows XP. And it most certainly is that as
>     well.
>
>     Highly recommended.
>
>     --Paul Thurrott
>     December 31, 2006
>
> This one is highly ironic.
>
> Surely the author is an idiot.

s/idiot/paid/

You don't curse the hand that feeds you.

Should we also expect SJVN, who is not being directly or indirectly
compensated by any Linux company by the way, to tell us that Vista is
"highly recommended"? Another guy whose living is made through Windows and
Microsoft found Vista appalling and rejected it. He's one among several
disappointed Microsoft MVPs, some of which have begun exploring GNU/Linux.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   4.7% system,   0.8% nice,  71.6% idle