Re: [News] For Movie Studios, Linux is a Platform of Choice

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 24 March 2007 13:50 \__

>> RaveHD uses Linux to help movie studios process raw video
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "[With Linux], you don't have to fight with the operating system.
>>| For example, if we're going to develop a feature and we run into
>>| an OS snag, we can develop in the OS. The OS doesn't define what
>>| we can and can't do The other thing Linux lends to us is
>>| stability.... You can choose whether you want a lot of things
>>| running or just one."
>> `----
>>
>> http://specialreports.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/21/1743248&from=rss
>>

> They want the openness on the OS, then, but prefer to lock-in /their/
> customers...

Not in the case of that Dutch film. And look at the result... a 15-minute
film made/received such a huge buzz, made it into GooTube (legally) and was
probably watched millions of times, serving as a commercial for Bender 3D
(even Ubuntu Linux).

What goes around comes around.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
  5:05pm  up 13 days  1:08,  6 users,  load average: 1.17, 1.15, 1.01