Re: [News] Medical System Dumps Windows, Uses Linux Instead

__/ [ Paul Hovnanian P.E. ] on Friday 23 March 2007 03:06 \__

> Someone with a Microsoft EULA can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't
> think the license allows Windows to be used in any life safety
> applications.

In Romania, Bill Gates said he would put his life in Vista('s security).

Bill Gates: Vista is so secure it could run life support systems

,----[ Quote ]
| While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
| celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
| there, and the launch of Vista, Microsoft?s president declared that,
| with the right ammount of administration, the new Vista could run
| life support systems in hospitals.
`----

http://www.our-picks.com/archives/2007/02/01/bill-gates-vista-is-so-secure-it-could-run-life-support-systems/

IIRC, later that day, some major problem in Vista was identified. Hysterical!

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie