[News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Open Source' Labs Spread C**p on Linux, Free Software

Microsoft director out to 'debunk mythology around open source'

,----[ Quote ]
| "The Free Software movement is dead. Linux doesn't exist in 2007. Even
| Linus has got a job today." Controversial statements from the head
| of Microsoft's Linux Labs, Bill Hilf.
|
| [...]
|
| Hilf accused his former employers, IBM, of starting a standards war
| simply because they wanted a part of the Office market. People do
| not want ODF (Open Document Format), but they want a way to control
| the information they create, he claimed.
`----

http://www.bangkokpost.com/090507_Database/09May2007_data05.php

It's filth like this that shows you Microsoft hates standards, Free software,
and Linux. Absolutely appalling.

Related:

"Microsoft seems to have hijacked Linux Asia"

,----[ Quote ]
| Was the general feel amongst the attendees at Linux Asia 2007;
| MS however, just wanted to say ''let us walk hand-in-hand''
`----

http://www.ciol.com/content/developer/Linux/2007/107020104.asp

Microsoft markets well (Is Aras an OSS marketing ploy?)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/microsoft_marke_1.html