[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Drivers Problems Remain, High Cost Too

Vista Still Plaguing Some HP Printers

,----[ Quote ]
| Thorny driver support for an operating system? No, this isn't about
| Linux.
|
| Vince Ferraro, vice president of worldwide marketing for the HP
| LaserJet Business Unit, is still facing questions about driver
| compatibility for some devices on Windows Vista...
`----

http://www.crn.com/hardware/199500125

Downing Street rejects Vista petition

,----[ Quote ]
| The petition called on the PM to "bring pressure on Microsoft to
| stop them overcharging the UK for its Vista Operating System".
| The petition noted that a fully-fledged version of Vista costs
| GBP350 in the UK, but an identical product costs only GBP195
| in the US.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/09/vista_epetition/

Are they kidding? The PM is a pal of Bill Gates.

Related:

Vista and British Library put da Vinci online

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft and the British Library have digitised two of Leonardo da
| Vincis' notebooks.
|
| [...]
|
| The British Library has created an updated version of its application
| called "Turning the Pages" which allows people to browse parts of
| its 150 million piece collection via a web browser. We heard how
| this works better using Vista.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/30/vinci_notebooks_vista/

Britain: E-Mail Time Capsule in Works

,----[ Quote ]
| Now the British Library is appealing to ordinary Britons for their
| e-mails, saying it wants to create a snapshot of British life in 2007.
|
| [...]
|
| The e-mails will be collated and indexed by Microsoft Corp., which
| has previously partnered with the library to digitize books from
| its archive, and they will be available to researchers before
| the year's end.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070503/britain_e_mail_archive.html?.v=1

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]
| BBC viewers have flooded the corporation with complaints over how it
| covered the launch of Microsoft Vista earlier this week.
|
| In one cringingly servile interview worthy of Uriah Heep, the
| Beeb's news presenter Hugh Edwards even thanked Gates at the
| end of it, presumably in appreciation at being allowed to give
| the Vole vast coverage for free.
|
| In other TV news items presenters excitedly explained how Vistac
| ould be obtained and installed - details courtesy of the BBC's
| website.
|
| But British viewers, currently forced to pay a £131.50 licence
| fee to maintain the BBC's "impartiality", were less than impressed.
|
| Scores got in touch to complain that so much was Auntie up Bill's
| bum that you could barely see her corset.

http://slated.org/bbc_microsoft_bias

Brits! Act now to save the BBC from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/31/brits_act_now_to_sav.html