Re: [News] [Linux/SOT] DRM Inevitably a Failure

On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:12:04 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I predict a DRM riot
>
>| DRM is, it seems, doomed to fail in the short term. There is just no
>| way around the fact that for now keys will always get cracked and
>| when they do that crack will always find its way into the public
>| domain. Try to stop it, as Digg inadvertently discovered, and you
>| will have a full scale Internet riot on your hands.

DRM has no redeeming value whatsoever. It hurts both the customer AND
the content providers. Meanwhile, the real pirates are pumping out
counterfeits unabated.

So when will it go away ? I can absolutely guarantee you that when the
sun goes supernova, DRM will disappear ! poof !