Re: [News] [Linux] Review of Mandriva (with Metisse), Customising Mandriva 2007.1 to Perfection

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 09 May 2007 03:56 \__

>> Mandriva 2007 Spring packs a punch
> [...]
>> Here it is with some UI innovation:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp8GzKwBdsg
>
> Metisse really is a unique selling point for Mandriva, it takes the
> whole XGL/Beryl concept to a new level. I don't think many people
> realise just how unique it really is.
>
> I downloaded the so-called Mandriva "One" 2007 Spring Edition ... had a
> very Calvin Klein CK-One look :) (no coincidence), and all worked very
> well, although it was on a VMWare "box" so I didn't get to try out any
> fancy 3D stuff.
>
> This may be the first non Red Hat distro I actually go to the effort of
> repartitioning for ... it's that good.

Well, it's a Red Hat derivative.

--
                ~~ Best regards

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.