Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Comes Under Some Fire, Red Hat Faces Challenges

__/ [ John Locke ] on Wednesday 09 May 2007 00:22 \__

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=27EDD745-7986-482A-AECC-4DC53CA776B3
>>> http://tinyurl.com/yo7n8t
>>>

>>There are alternatives.
>>
> Yes there are. That's the beauty of the PC market we have today.
> Personally I like to use the local vendor. If you're somewhat
> technically inclined, its not that difficult to build your own boxes.
> What a remarkable world we live in today.

John, you can get a Linux box (like the one I have) with everything
preinstalled for just GBP 127. In that respect, Dell's deal is irrelevant.
It's the endorsement that matters the most.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
Mem:    514480k total,   476244k used,    38236k free,     5208k buffers