Re: [News] [Rival] Companies Quietly Force People to Leave Windows XP

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
HP screws Presario buyers

,----[ Quote ]
| What is the problem? If you buy a new MeII based PC, and you want
| to install your copy of XP so things actually work, you can't, HP
| doesn't provide drivers. Look at the Compaq branded Presario
| SR2163WM, a thoroughly unremarkable Pentium 4 on an ATI 1100
| machine, crapware infested.
`----

I have not heard much about the reverse screw. I recall buying a new HP XP based desktop as a step up from my dead W95 desktop and finding my older HP photo inkjet printer unsupported as a photo printer. The reason being that HP would not develop proprietary photo quality XP drivers for their late model printers.