[News] [Linux] SUSE Desktop's Chief Architect Goes to Google

Prologue: [Robert Love of Novell Goes to] Google!

,----[ Quote ]
| I am jubilant to announce that I have accepted an offer of employment
| from Google, a public corporation specializing in search,
| advertising, and unabated innovation.
`----

http://rlove.org/log/2007050701

Recent:

One more Novellite leaves the building

,----[ Quote ]
| ...the Novell exodus continues...with Walter Knapp, former effective
| head of the Novell's Linux Impact Team, is leaving Novell's Waltham
| headquarters for other work.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/one_more_novell.html

McAfee, Novell, And Company: New Takeover Technique

,----[ Quote ]
| The Financial Times has come up with a novel assessment of the stock
| options scandal. It may open the door to takeover bids at as many
| as 42 companies. The primary leverage is that investors can ask the
| courts to call an annual meeting in many states when the company has
| not held one for over 13 months. Companies involved in the options
| scandal cannot send out proxies for these meetings because they do
| not have the required financial statements to go along.
|
| [...]
|
| Novell, for example, has been in trouble for some time. It recently
| signed a deal with Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) to bundle the company's
| Linux products with Windows in a joint selling effort to enterprises.
`----

http://www.streetinsider.com/Contributors/McAfee,+Novell,+And+Company:+New+Takeover+Technique/2144525.html

9.6 Years: On Beyond Novell

,----[ Quote ]