[News] [Linux] Freedom Movement in Massachusetts Abused by Microsoft?

Interview with Christian Fernandez, of Binary Freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, companies like Microsoft have thrown around their
| financial and political weight to combat our work. They defeated a
| measure in Florida through lobbying and the only way this abuse will
| stop is if we continue to fight them.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/interview_christian_fernandez_binary_freedom

Related:

Second CIO:

,----[ Quote ]
| As CIO of Massachusetts from February to November last year, Louis
| Gutierrez had to endure most of the brunt of Microsoft Corp.'s political
| wrath over a state policy calling for the adoption of the Open Document
| Format for Office Applications, or ODF -- a rival to the software vendor's
| Office Open XML file format.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

First CIO:

,----[ Quote ]
| Quinn: Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
| the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
| or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
| is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
| Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|
| Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
| playbook and words, in my opinion.

Massachusetts Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology
Advisory Group

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183