Re: [News] [Linux] Novell Puts New Spin on Microsoft Deal in Order to Save Face

"John Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> A new explanation for the Microsoft/Novell patent deal
>>

> My take:
>
> Novell, post Vista, realizes that it has the upperhand, and that the deal
> needs to be "swept under the rug".
>
> Then Suse can continue as planned.

"Steve is a force of nature. He made some really counterproductive comments
in November, which we're still suffering through the consequences of. He's
[inaudible] clear that those were counterproductive comments that didn't
really [inaudible] what we're trying to do here."

Novell is chumming up to someone who knocks them on the head the minute they
turn their back on them, the idiots.

As I've said before, Baldy is right: by getting into this cross-licensing
agreement Novell is implictely confessing that there's Microsoft IP in
Linux, and it doesn't really matter what statements they make, in a court of
law this will be seen as a confession and will make it very difficult to
defend against.