[News] [Linux] Novell Puts New Spin on Microsoft Deal in Order to Save Face

A new explanation for the Microsoft/Novell patent deal

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not as if the two companies haven't had the opportunity to present
| it before. It wasn't mentioned in the original announcement, it wasn't
| mentioned in Novell's FAQ, it wasn't mentioned in Microsoft's FAQ, it
| wasn't mentioned in Novell's further details announcement, nor its
| open letter to the community
|
| [...]
|
| It also wasn't mentioned by Novell's VP of worldwide sales and
| president of EMEA, Tom Francese, when I met with him in November,
| although one thing he did mention is that the full details of the
| deal would eventually find there way in to the public via the SEC.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/05/a_new_explanati.html

Novell has become quite a weasel. The company changes goalposts to make
itself look good. They must have learned from their new partner.

Novell has a new survey by the way...

        http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/4/49/OpenSUSE_102_survey.pdf

Related (another new spin):

Microsoft's Record Quarter: Shareholders Paid for Most of the Upside Surprise

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070503/34354_id.html?.v=1