Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Leads to Battery Life Concerns

On Fri, 04 May 2007 23:23:50 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Vista draining laptop batteries, patience
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| Reports that Vista was an energy hog started to surface during beta
>| testing last year. At the time, Microsoft said many of the problems
>| would be cleared up by the time the operating system launched.
>`----

Not that I'm encouraging people to buy laptops with Vista, but
laptops with LED backlights and 60 gig flash drives should be coming
out before too long. That should really improve battery life.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4321-3121_7-6567087.html
http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/10/samsung-shows-off-flash-laptop-drive-at-cebit/

Of course, it'll even be better with Linux installed.