Re: Major Development in the Hans Reiser Case

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 04 May 2007 16:35 \__

> I have no idea what kind of a person Reiser is or what the merits of
> the case against him are---frankly, I don't care.  But it irritates me
> that the trolls have made a big deal out of this, as if, somehow if he
> were guilty, it would be an indictment of the entire Linux and FOSS
> movement.  Looks like an astronaut is involved in a murder case now,
> too.  Same will be true of any sufficiently large group of people
> (doctors, professors, lawyers, programmers, wintrolls...).

I am aware of some Microsoft employees who did nasty things as well. I
suppose Hand Reiser was seen as somewhat of a poster child though.
--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Fri May  4 21:27   still logged in