Re: Major Development in the Hans Reiser Case

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 05 May 2007 10:39 \__

>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 04 May 2007 16:35 \__
>>
>>> I have no idea what kind of a person Reiser is or what the merits of
>>> the case against him are---frankly, I don't care.  But it irritates me
>>> that the trolls have made a big deal out of this, as if, somehow if he
>>> were guilty, it would be an indictment of the entire Linux and FOSS
>>> movement.  Looks like an astronaut is involved in a murder case now,
>>> too.  Same will be true of any sufficiently large group of people
>>> (doctors, professors, lawyers, programmers, wintrolls...).
>>
>> I am aware of some Microsoft employees who did nasty things as well. I
>> suppose Hand Reiser was seen as somewhat of a poster child though.
              ^ s

> Unfortunately, this is how politics works, and interestingly, you can
> see the Windows trolls in cola trying the same tactic;  if you throw
> enough mud, some will stick.

Yes, and I am beginning to wonder (with caution) how many of the details were
made up, e.g. telling the children to say nothing, evidence in the car, etc.
Again, I don't know if he's guilty or not. Let's wait and see. I hope he
didn't do it. It now seems likely that he did not, with some other ex-lover
that's a sado-masochist who killed 8 (to 9) people.

Hans knows filesystem. I doubt he would ever run

        sudo rm -rf /home/nina

Morbid humours... sorry.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
Cpu(s):  23.0% user,   2.7% system,   0.8% nice,  73.5% idle