Re: OpenOffice is not the best ..

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 04 May 2007 18:26 \__

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8182664&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01083&id=1164154036201

> (link courtesy of DFS).  But small businesses will mind, and so will
> ordinary users like me.  I have 6 systems that I am migrating to
> Ubuntu, which would cost a lot if I were putting Office Ultimate on
> them (not to mention, they wouldn't run Vista in the first place, I'd
> have to buy new hardware).   Openoffice use is certainly growing, and
> I wouldn't be surprised if there is a substantial user base before
> long.  At some point there may be enough traction for commercial
> development, something in general that I think would help the Linux
> world.  Of course, Staroffice is commercial, but Sun has other fish to
> fry, too (Staroffice costs about $70, last I looked).

Don't forget all the hidden costs, including the cost of having your entire
system hijacked because you opened some rogue document.

--
                ~~ Best regards

One person' diction is another's verbiage
Mem:    514480k total,   466252k used,    48228k free,   149468k buffers