Re: [Linux] AACS Has No Chance of Preventing HD-DVD Playback in Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Linux] AACS Has No Chance of Preventing HD-DVD Playback in Linux
  • From: Robert Newson <ReapNewsB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:41:59 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Being somewhat unfamiliar with the technical aspects of the issue,
what I ask myself is this: Is this episode an example of poorly
implemented DRM that would obviously be broken in short order, or is
it in principle *impossible* to construct a DRM method that cannot be
broken?

But to break it they've had to reverse engineer it and so break the DMCA?

Reminds me of that e-book encryption that was so stupidly easy (summat like rot-13) but basically relied on the DMCA to make it "tough".