Re: [News] Dell's Linux PCs withheld from UK

__/ [ 7 ] on Friday 04 May 2007 02:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ 7 ] on Thursday 03 May 2007 16:45 \__

>>> Who cares?
>>> In the UK, eSys machines are available from Ebuyer
>>> for 127 pounds preloaded with Linux http://www.ebuyer.com
>>> They are 80Gb, 256Mb RAM, 2.5GHz machines and eSys now
>>> make own motherboards so quality is as good as any big
>>> manufacturer. I've been using them for years without problems.
>>>
>>> Goodbye dell$ it was nice knowing you.
>>
>> Well, Dell's move gives a good reason/excuse which makes people consider
>> Linux seriously. That's the signifiance of the move.
>
> I agree - but will they deliver?
>  "Dell's Linux PCs withheld from UK"
> Give me a break! Its purile FUD.
> It pretends UK is not ready for Linux PCs.

No, here's a new one from the Leader:

Time to lap up Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://opinion.zdnet.co.uk/leader/0,1000002208,39286937,00.htm?r=2

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Thu May  3 22:01 - 00:12  (02:11)