[News] [Linux] ELive Release; New Alpha of Skype for Linux, Linux for Musicians

Elive 0.6.8 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| If it is not possible for you to download via torrent, please ask for
| the ISO download on the #elive channel in your xchat.
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/

Skype for Linux 1.4 Alpha release

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, we have released Skype for Linux 1.4 Alpha, a test version
| which will give you a sneak-peek into how the next major release for
| Linux will function.
`----

http://share.skype.com/sites/garage/2007/05/skype_for_linux_14_alpha_relea.html

JackLab - A Linux Distro For Musicians

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers of JackLab have released the third alpha version of
| this Linux distribution. JackLab is designed for musicians and
| producers and includes some 70 audio applications. It is based on
| openSUSE 10.2 using a realtime kernel derived from version 2.6.19.
`----

http://linux.about.com/b/a/257677.htm

Another Opensuse derivative, independent from Novell. The KDE 4 Live CD is
based on Opensuse as well.