Re: The FSF on Microsoft's Warpath of Anti-GPLv3 Campaign

On May 2, 4:07 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FSF's Brett Smith Answers Your GPLv3 Questions
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In the past few weeks, we've gotten a good sample of the tactics Microsoft
> | is going to use against GPLv3. The so-called Association for
> | Competitive Technology has been on the warpath. GPLv3 is an
> | unenforceable contract, they say. You can't negotiate it. It's
> | going to send us back to the bad old days of technology when
> | different pieces of software couldn't talk to each other. Apparently,
> | their plan is to say anything they can think of that sounds scary,
> | and then see what sticks.

The reality is that GPL software is more likely to work with a variety
of other systems than Microsofts uber-proprietary non-publicly
specified crap. Indeed, Microsoft wants software to not work with well
together, and wants to place the blame on someone else. This is
nothing except sheer hypocrisy on the part of Microsoft.

Open Office, for example, works with many different formats, including
Microsoft's. Micrsoft Word, on the other hand, only works with itself,
Wordperfect (but not very well), and a few other very limited formats.

Proprietary software and systems are the cause of things not being
able to speak to each other. Open systems have open specs, so anyone
can easily make their software work with it.

Dean G.

Microsoft - the company that it entirely dependent upon lies.