Re: [News] Dell Prepares Documentation for People Wishing to Transform Windows PCs GNU/Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 02 May 2007 07:40 \__

>> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 12:14 \__
>>
>>> How do I install Ubuntu 7.04 on my PC?
>>>
>>>http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=2F0A15EB21C7E5DDE040A68F5B285AAE&cs=
>
> Looks like it is really going to happen, doesn't it? This is excellent
> news indeed.
>
> I'm glad Dell are standardising on Ubuntu. As a Fedora fan I feel
> inclined to advocate FC/RH over other distros, but given that a large
> proportion of those buying pre-installed Linux systems will be noobs, I
> feel Ubuntu is indeed the best choice.
>
> And anyway, like I've said before ... these customers can always switch
> to another distro later on, for free, if that's what they want.

Yes, they just need to get rid of the shackles. Even BSD fanbois are happy
about this, I think. People's bread and butter gets a home directory!

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
Cpu(s):  22.7% user,   2.7% system,   0.6% nice,  74.0% idle