Re: Credit where it's due. Thank you Microsoft.

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 May 2007 07:51 \__
>
>>> As a mark of respect to Microsoft, and those who supported them in this
>>> endeavour (SFLC et al), I've decided to not make even a single
>>> *negative* comment about Microsoft
>
> [...]
>
>> Should I do the same with [News]? Just for a week?
>
> AFAICT there's enough positive news going round that it should be easy
> possible.
>
> Additionally I'll be adjusting the stats script to remove the insults
> (for one week only).

Guys - don't be so easily fooled.  Leopards do not change their spots.
Microsoft did this for one reason, and one only, which was to save
themselves from paying a fine in real money.  They have no interest
whatsoever in this in a wider sense, and there is no clear indication
that it will necessarily affect software patents in other arenas either,
as far as I can tell.

Please, don't stop whilst we're actually winning, this is the time to
really *go for it*.  Remember, this never was a fair fight, because the
other team have no concept of fair, they only understand money.

Roy - I think it would be a crying shame to stop the News postings,
please don't!