Re: [News] [Linux] GNU/Linux PC for Just $139 in America, OLPC on CBS

On 2007-05-19, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> $139 PC comes with Linux preinstalled
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| MadTux and Vector Linux today announced a Linux PC for the rock
>| bottom price of $139. The "Vector Linux Affordable Performance
>| PC" comes with a 1.5GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 13.5GB hard drive,
>| graphics and networking interfaces, and preinstalled Vector Linux,
>| but requires a user-supplied monitor and keyboard.
> `----
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5566172390.html

I've been pleased with the one I bought from them awhile back. It was
around $200. I'm sure they don't sell that one now.

That was a machine Dell might have been in the running to sell had they
had any guts then. I wonder how many others they've missed, and will
miss, because they aren't willing to be more aggressive.

--
A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.