[News] [Linux] Are Dell's GNU/Linux Desktops Coming to the United Kingdom?

Dell to launch Ubuntu Linux in the UK

,----[ Quote ]
| Moreover, in an exclusive survey by Dell, around 60% of the people
| said that they prefer Ubuntu over any other Linux distribution.
`----

http://www.empire-elements.co.uk/articles/dell-to-launch-ubuntu-linux-in-the-uk.html

I've asked the guy if he has something to validate this. Sounds like nothing
but the vague and loose promise from a ZDNet interview. This can happen
sooner or later.

Related:

Firefox users urge Dell to preinstall the browser

,----[ Quote ]
| On IdeaStorm, the Firefox preinstall petition has collected more than
| 70,000 votes since its introduction Feb. 19, a day after the
| opinion-collecting site went live. Only the pleas for OpenOffice,
| with more than 96,000, and preinstalled Linux, with 132,000, have
| collected more votes.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id%3b257374685%3bfp%3b16%3bfpid%3b1

Dell explains Linux delays