[News] [Rival] More Shuffling and Baffling 'Reorganisations' at Microsoft

Former Microsoft NetDocs manager comes back to run search

,----[ Quote ]
| Brian MacDonald, the former Microsoft manager in charge of the
| company's stealth Web-based productivity-suite project at the
| end of the 1990s, is coming back to help run the search group,
| according to sources close to the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=457

Search executives have been jumping ship recently (see links at the bottom).
It's very telling. They looked into the future and saw something scary, just
like Gates and Allchin who retire.

Microsoft reorgs again

,----[ Quote ]
| What's really going on? I'm not sure. It seemed to this Microsoft
| watcher that Server and Tools fit better wtih Platforms (the group
| that oversees Windows and Windows Live/MSN) than with MBD (the group
| that handles Office, Dynamics ERP and Dynamocs CRM). It's true that
| the Platforms and Services business also increasingly is becoming
| advertising central at Microsoft. But why put the SQL Server and
| Visual Studio folks under the Office division? Curious.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=451

Related:

Microsoft Hides Its Mobile and Business Apps Divisions

,----[ Quote ]
| The company is folding its two worst-performing divisions -- Microsoft
| Business Solutions (its business applications unit) and its Mobile and
| Embedded units -- into the Microsoft Business Division and Microsoft Home
| and Entertainment units, respectively.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1990243,00.asp?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

,----[ Quote ]
| In March, Blake Irving, the Corporate VP in charge of the Windows
| Live platform, announced his plans to leave Microsoft, effective
| this summer. Payne announced his resignation from Microsoft shortly
| after Irving made his announcement.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=407

Microsoft Windows Live VP to resign

,----[ Quote ]
| Blake Irving, a Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's Windows
| Live Platform group, is resigning his post, according to sources
| close to the company.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=296

Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://online.wsj.com/preview_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB117329976478329930.html%3Fmod%3Dyahoo_hs%26ru%3Dyahoo
http://tinyurl.com/2jran7