Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Reveals Its Linux Lineup, Ready for Order Next Thursday

AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On 2007-05-19, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> On Sat, 19 May 2007 00:56:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Dell announces the models for Ubuntu
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/2007/05/18/dell-announces-the-models-for-ubuntu/
>>
>> Well, it's put up or shutup time for the Linux faithful.  You should all
>> run out and buy 10 computers from Dell with Linux.
>>
>> Dell will need to see strong demand, or these may be the last models.
>
> Like with Vista?
>
> Users buying 10 linux computers from Dell would be thousands or
> millions of times the number sold with Vista on them. Hell. if every
> linux user bought *one* machine it would be thousands or more times the
> number Vista has moved.
>
> I guess it's put up or shut up time for Windummies. Elsewise your
> wishful thinking about Windows having a small niche in computerdom's
> future might never be more than a pipe dream.

I don't understand why you even bother to respond to such an obvious
Microsoft marketing message from Erik, our favourite, longest serving
Microsoft shill.  His world is falling apart, and a new world is being
built, and he's rather upset about it.