Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Reveals Its Linux Lineup, Ready for Order Next Thursday

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Reveals Its Linux Lineup, Ready for Order Next Thursday
  • From: AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:00:41 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-05-19, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 00:56:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Dell announces the models for Ubuntu
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| We will be launching a Linux based OS (Ubuntu) on the E520, 1505 and XPS
>>| 410 starting next Thursday, 5/24.
>> `----
>>
>> http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/2007/05/18/dell-announces-the-models-for-ubuntu/
>
> Well, it's put up or shutup time for the Linux faithful.  You should all
> run out and buy 10 computers from Dell with Linux.
>
> Dell will need to see strong demand, or these may be the last models.

Like with Vista?

Users buying 10 linux computers from Dell would be thousands or
millions of times the number sold with Vista on them. Hell. if every
linux user bought *one* machine it would be thousands or more times the
number Vista has moved.

I guess it's put up or shut up time for Windummies. Elsewise your
wishful thinking about Windows having a small niche in computerdom's
future might never be more than a pipe dream.

--
Windows: The OS that forces you to delete things to make them work.