Re: [News] [Linux] Dell Reveals Its Linux Lineup, Ready for Order Next Thursday

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sat, 19 May 2007 00:56:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Dell announces the models for Ubuntu
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| We will be launching a Linux based OS (Ubuntu) on the E520, 1505 and XPS
>>| 410 starting next Thursday, 5/24.
>> `----
>>
>> http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/2007/05/18/dell-announces-the-models-for-ubuntu/
>
> Well, it's put up or shutup time for the Linux faithful.  You should all
> run out and buy 10 computers from Dell with Linux.

Why?  We already have our Linux computers.  It's the Common Man who's
going to show DELL whether or not they want Ubuntu versus what they
already have.  Or a few people who like Linux already, and need a new
computer, and think DELL is a good deal.

You think we'd pay that much money for the privilege of astroturfing
Linux at DELL?

Why don't you go back to astroturfing posts, for which you can get paid.

> Dell will need to see strong demand, or these may be the last models.

Define "strong".

--
   Where do you want to be jerked around today?