Re: [News] [OSS] Intreviews with Eben Moglen and Chris DiBona

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 18 May 2007 17:48 \__

>> A Group Conversation with Eben Moglen, Part I
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Moglen discusses how the GPL3 relates to different segments of the
>> | community, and ponders the structure of the Linux kernel project
>> | and how a hypothetical license change might apply.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/interviews/6387/1/
>
> "If you're making consumer stuff that nobody can change after it is in
> the hands of the consumer--great."
>
> I take it Moglen is not referring to GPL3 licensed material with that
> statement?

Are you thinking about Tivoization? I forgot to mention that DiBona (of
Google) praised the GPLv3 changes. It seems like everyone nowadays is
pleased with what will come from the draft. Microsoft had a huge FUD
campaign against GPLv3. They used the press like a puppet. Unethical
manipultors.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?
roy      pts/3                         Wed May 16 14:23   still logged in