Re: [News] Microsoft Becomes Desparate in Fight to Keep Office Lockin Alive

After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Take everything Microsoft says about it as gospel? Hmm. Lemme see.
>
> I don't see much there about modifying their "standard" *after*
> submission for ratification, do you?
>
> Is modifying a standard after submission for ratification the best way
> to "cut though" the "hype ? and smoke and mirrors obfuscation"?

Hey, standards are made to be broken <guffaw>.

>>> Is Office Open XML A One-Way Standard? Ask Microsoft
>
> Put another way; those office supply boxes of A4 paper, that contain 6x
> reams of 500 sheets, and weigh a tonne - the OOXML spec is *two* of
> those boxes!!!

You gotta give 'em credit for being able to generate that much
paperwork!

--
   Where do you think you're going today?