Re: [News] [Rival] New Windows Vista Crack Exploits UAC

On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:04:38 +0100, BearItAll wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070510/tc_infoworld/88424;_ylt=AmG6tVfakzdyOhladyyKQMYjtBAF
>
> That one was sort of an inevitable target, get hold of that and you
> effectively have all XP/Vista machines under your thumb. I suspect many a
> hacker has spent many hours on this one, the prize to them is too great to
> ignore.

Why?  It's a service.  It's publicly documented.  Anyone can use it in
their apps.  It's designed to download files over http during low network
use times.  In effect, it's wget with bandwidth throttling.

Nobody would have to spend any time on this.  The reports of "hacking" it
are just plain ridiculous.