Re: [News] [Linux] Vista a Case Against Linux Drivers?

> Vista Makes Creative Labs Dupe Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | According to the ALSA's Sound Card Support Matrix, the Creative Labs
> | Sound Blaster X-Fi series still lacks any form of support from
> | their open-source driver. The only path for Linux support at this
> | time is purchasing the OSS driver from 4Front Technologies, but
> | OSS is only rumored to support the X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
> `----
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTc4NA

   What's the reason for this delay? It's due to Microsoft's Vista: "It
   has taken more resources than expect[ed] to redesign our software and
   drivers for Vista."

Sucks for Creative, don't it?

One of their techs could have written drivers for Linux in a few days,
if they'd have let 'im/'er.

Stupid.  Pathetically, institutionally, stupid.

--
   "Tricorder readings indicate the presence of hot bitches, Captain."