[News] [Linux] Vista a Case Against Linux Drivers?

Vista Makes Creative Labs Dupe Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the ALSA's Sound Card Support Matrix, the Creative Labs
| Sound Blaster X-Fi series still lacks any form of support from
| their open-source driver. The only path for Linux support at this
| time is purchasing the OSS driver from 4Front Technologies, but
| OSS is only rumored to support the X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTc4NA

We have had two threads about this recently.

Related:

[X-Fi Drivers to Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| Creative plans to make proprietary (closed source) drivers available
| for the X-Fi series of sound cards. SEE Soundcard Support for
| updated details. These drivers should have full support for ALSA
| (playback, recording, mixer, MIDI, synthesis) and OpenAL 1.1 (with
| EAX effects).
`----

http://opensource.creative.com/

X-Fi running under linux is now officially dead

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://poorandimbecile.blogspot.com/2007/05/x-fi-running-under-linux-is-now.html