Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Wishes to Start Protection Racket Program

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 17 May 2007 01:30 \__

> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 17 May 2007 00:26 \__
>
>> On Thursday 17 May 2007 00:09 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft: If we're violating IP, 'we'll take a license'
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=443
>>
>> I love this part:-
>>
>> Q: Why is Microsoft going public with more specifics ? in terms of numbers
>> and general technology areas allegedly infringing on your patents ? now?
>> Why this week?
>> A: ?The latest draft of the GPLv3 attempts to tear down the bridge that
>> Microsoft and Novell have built between proprietary and open source
>> software........
>>
>> - and there you have it?
>> GPLv3 has pissed on MS/Novell's chips?
>> What a shame:-)
>
> Yes, that's not new. Mary reported this recently, as well. It's the GPLv3
> that makes Microsoft s**t its pants. What's more disturning is Microsoft's
> endless placements in mainstream media. They tried to create a lot of
> scare. There was a huge and coordicated FUD campaign. OSDL's head, Stuart
> Cohen, is said to have lost his job after he pitched to Lyons of Forbes,
> before the article "The man [RMS} who will kill Linux" showed up. Lyons an
> infamous Microsoft/SCO shill that can barely get his stuff published by
> Forbes nowadays. He is not alone. O'Gara has already lost her job. ACT does
> a lot of the legwork too.
>
> Boycott sites that give room to Microsoft's ant-Linux placements. The media
> has hit rock bottom.

Heh. Only moments ago I caught Rob "Shill" Enderle /paying/ for a press
release that spread more FUD about anti-Linux litigation. This indicates
that no longer is he able to have his 'articles' (lies) submitted to the
press, so he just pays (probably Microsoft's money) to have his stuff
injected to the PR wires. Recently he did the same things to warn Dell about
these 'cheap' Linux users.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
Tasks: 139 total,   1 running, 135 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie