Re: PJ on Microsoft lawsuit threats

  • Subject: Re: PJ on Microsoft lawsuit threats
  • From: flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:33:56 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <1766811.bDpB52eW6r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 14 May 2007 21:05 \__
>
> > nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >> Groklaw is worth reading on this one.
> >>
> >> <Quote>
> >> This is, to me, Darl II: "Our precious IP is worth beeelions, and you
> >> must honor our sacred intellectual property, which is behind this
> >> curtain. We can't exactly show you or identify it with specificity,
> >> but trust me, it's worth oodles and boodles, and you are violating it.
> >> We just can't show you precisely where and how. But we don't want to
> >> sue you, so we will let you use Linux anyway, if you just sign on the
> >> dotted line and pay us for code we didn't write but we'd like to tax
> >> because it's winning in the marketplace and we don't know how to make
> >> money fair and square against it."
> >> </Quote>
> >>
> >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070513234519615#comments
> >

> > I wonder if Blammer can look himself in the mirror after someone
> > like this takes the micky out of one so mighty and seemingly win with ease
> > because there is oodles of truth behind it.
> >
> > In fact, I wonder if any one their board members can stand by this
> > crap. Lets face it, the writing is on the wall for them and
> > these are signs indicating nervous management jittering nervously producing
> > nervous rants and nervous threats. The grass should be lot greener
> > elsewhere for sensible people to go to - why should they waste their time
> > at micoshaft corporation waiting for the slow inevitable downsizing thats
> > coming their way?
>
> There's nothing new here apart from the naming of some numbers. It has been
> blown out of proportion. It is just another ordinary round of FUD.

An excellent light to put it in. Simply *more* typical Microsoft behavior
which should surprise no one.

Thanks, I needed that.

If they *didn't* puke out some threats, *then* one should begin to
wonder.

It's no wonder the ET's don't get more involved in Earth activity. I
guess they figure our corporate degenerates would corrupt their space
drives.