Re: PJ on Microsoft lawsuit threats

  • Subject: Re: PJ on Microsoft lawsuit threats
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:20:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ 7 ] on Monday 14 May 2007 21:05 \__

> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Groklaw is worth reading on this one.
>>
>> <Quote>
>> This is, to me, Darl II: "Our precious IP is worth beeelions, and you
>> must honor our sacred intellectual property, which is behind this
>> curtain. We can't exactly show you or identify it with specificity,
>> but trust me, it's worth oodles and boodles, and you are violating it.
>> We just can't show you precisely where and how. But we don't want to
>> sue you, so we will let you use Linux anyway, if you just sign on the
>> dotted line and pay us for code we didn't write but we'd like to tax
>> because it's winning in the marketplace and we don't know how to make
>> money fair and square against it."
>> </Quote>
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070513234519615#comments
>

> I wonder if Blammer can look himself in the mirror after someone
> like this takes the micky out of one so mighty and seemingly win with ease
> because there is oodles of truth behind it.
>
> In fact, I wonder if any one their board members can stand by this
> crap. Lets face it, the writing is on the wall for them and
> these are signs indicating nervous management jittering nervously producing
> nervous rants and nervous threats. The grass should be lot greener
> elsewhere for sensible people to go to - why should they waste their time
> at micoshaft corporation waiting for the slow inevitable downsizing thats
> coming their way?

There's nothing new here apart from the naming of some numbers. It has been
blown out of proportion. It is just another ordinary round of FUD.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Within reason, consider Free software. The best things in life are also free.
Cpu(s):  23.4% user,   3.6% system,   0.6% nice,  72.3% idle