Re: [News] [Linux] Interview with Eben Moglen and Another Loss for Junk Patents

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>> Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit
>>> o' wisdom:
>
>>> The internet is the air supply, and people pay for this air supply.
>
>> The DRM companies are not providing the internet, though, it comes
>> from the Telcos.
>
> The Telcos don't provide the Internet, they just provide the cable.
>
> *We* provide the internet. No content, no Internet.
>
> The law makers and quangos ought to remember that.

I think you'll find that the internet is a huge set of protocols, most
layers of which are provided by ISPs and Telcos.  Content is, of course,
the province of the users, which I think is your point.