Re: [News] [Linux] Total Ignorance Strikes: Teachers Want Windows ME Back

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 14 May 2007 18:31 \__

> On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:24:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> School District Fires Network Manager
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The technology audit and firing come as the district attempts to |
>> transition many of its computers from the Windows ME operating | system
>> to a Linux operating system. Linux is an open-source | operating system,
>> which means no one owns the rights to source | code and anyone can
>> manipulate it to make a new version. The | switch to Linux should save
>> the district hundreds of thousands | of dollars, Bexley administrators
>> claim. |
>> | "Linux was my idea," Mason said.
>> |
>> | Some teachers, according to high school teacher Ben Trotter, were
>> upset by the plan to switch to Linux because they did not have input
>> into the decision.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.thisweeknews.com/?sec=home&story=sites/twn/content/pool/
> exclusives/051107-News-Bexley.html
>
> So here we have a bunch of "teachers", who are NOT interested in learning
> anything new. They lie on the floor & bang their fists in little
> tantrums, because *they* "think" they know about OSs. The fact that they
> prefer Windows ME, (which even M$ admits was a clunker) says a *lot*
> about them. And these people are allowed to teach kids? IMHO, *they* are
> the ones who should have been fired.

I hope they get MEII. That'll make them suffer. The whole district, however,
is moving to Linux. Based on what I've seen in Digg (I had a prominent
comment there), the school will carry on with Linux nonetheless.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  8:00pm  up 16 days  4:22,  5 users,  load average: 0.48, 1.24, 1.33