[News] [SOT] NVidia Caught Spreading FUD, ATI Release of HD 2000 (on the Way to Open Source Drivers)

Nvidia's FUD presentation revealed

,----[ Quote ]
| But, before we get to that, we're presenting you with a couple of
| screenshots from the FUD doc that was spread around selected media.

AMD unveils ATI Radeon HD 2000

,----[ Quote ]
| He described the HD 2000 series as offering "significantly improved
| environments that are tremendously cheap, highly interactive and very
| flexible."
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/05/14/amd_graphics_card_launch/

At least they promised open source drivers. They concede IP.

Related:

AMD bemoans Intel's benchmark presentation

,----[ Quote ]
| "All I want is a level playing field where we are just talking the
| truth. I've never met a chief information officer that wonders
| what the nanometre [scale] in his processor is. They don't care,
| they don't want to care, " said Richard.

ATI Committed To Fixing Its OSS Problems

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Blizzard blogged from the Red Hat summit that an ATI
| marketing spokesman said, from the stage, that ATI knows it
| has a problem with open source and is committed to fixing it.
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/10/1424224&from=rss

AMD will deliver open graphics drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| The open sourcing of graphics drivers will indeed be good news, but
| it's not a big surprise.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/05/09/amd-will-deliver-open-graphics-drivers/

ATI Has Open-Source Drivers Too

,----[ Quote ]
| Being published on Saturday at Phoronix will be an article entitled
| ATI Has Open-Source Drivers Too, which will go over a few things
| with the workings going on for the open-source ATI Linux driver.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=193

An Outcry For Improved ATI Linux Drivers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=683&num=1