[News] [Rival] Microsoft-Yahoo Takeover Speculations Reborn, Google Finally Admits It's a Software Maker

Yahoo down on more Microsoft talk; Knot frays

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet stocks were off sharply Thursday, as shares of Yahoo Inc.
| fell amid rekindled speculation about a possible acquisition of
| the company by Microsoft Corp.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/internet-stocks-sluggish-yahoo-sputters/story.aspx?guid=%7BBB383BDA%2DB120%2D497B%2DA91E%2D9440C4BC5F1C%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/yqj86w

Good comment from Apple:

Google focus on software, not just search/ads-CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| "The idea here is to talk about this shift to an online lifestyle,"
| Schmidt said of the company's growing focus on delivering
| Web-based applications, not just search and ads.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070510:MTFH53290_2007-05-10_21-19-46_N10185508&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/27gqzn

Apple shareholders defeat stock options proposal

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/apple-shareholders-vote-down-options/story.aspx?guid=%7BF793DA9E%2DA475%2D484A%2DA0FC%2D15A6B0CEC01B%7D&siteid=yhoof