[News] [Rival] Microsoft's and Apple's Mistakes on Security

Microsoft should scrap Patch Tuesday

,----[ Quote ]
| So where do we go from here? Back to the future. The value of
| the predictability of the monthly schedule simply doesn't
| outweigh the danger to customers posed by the flaws that go
| unpatched for three or four weeks between cycles.
`----

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/columnItem/0,294698,sid14_gci1254457,00.html

Is paying hackers good for business?

,----[ Quote ]
| A security company undertook a high profile hacker contest in which
| a prize of $10,000 was put on offer for anyone who could successfully
| hack the Mac.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/blogs/editorial-blogs/davey-winder/333022/is-paying-hackers-good-for-business.thtml

Just yesterday:

Microsoft invites hackers back for Blue Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is once again inviting members of the hacking community
| into its Redmond, Washington, campus to show the software giantw
| here it's gone wrong.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070510/tc_infoworld/88408

Related:

Experts say Microsoft should consider change in patching process

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.scmagazine.com/us/news/article/649115/experts-say-microsoft-consider-change-patching-process/
http://tinyurl.com/2felu2